Saturday, April 7, 2007

Give to get - Increasing ad revenue


"You can have everything you want if you just help enough other people get what they want". Zig Ziglar

I used to think of Google's ads as invasive and easily ignored, until I placed them on my own web page. I began to understand how they are able to personalise and target relevant ads to the viewer.

When I understood this, I started clicking on ads and coming across some new sites that were interesting and relevant (and not all of them were trying to take my money!).

Obviously I didn't click on my own ads as this isn't allowed. But an interesting thing started happening. The clicks on my own site went up and I was reminded of Zig's quote above - maybe it is true - by helping others get what they want I get more of what I want!

No comments: