Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Setting stupid goals

I don't know why I did it - probably just for the challenge.

3 years ago I set a stretch business goal - and I achieved it.
2 years ago I set a higher goal - and I achieved that too.

Last year I set a goal that was twice the previous year. I didn't need to, but I wanted to see what would happen. As I got closer to the end of 2007, I resigned myself that I would go close but wouldn't achieve the milestone.

But 3 days before Xmas it happened! I achieved the ridiculously high goal. I was thrilled (and relieved).

My boss is already talking about a 10 percent increase in business. I'm already thinking about increases in multiples.

I have learnt goals are truly powerful motivators.

I encourage anyone who wants to achieve success to plan for it.

No comments: