Saturday, September 15, 2007

The tangible beneits of effective communication


Reflecting on my season as a kids soccer coach, I believe one of the best things I did was to set up a blog so parents and relatives could see what was happening. It also helped them understand the game from my perspective.


Other teams had some off-field issues that probably could have been avoided with effective communication.


The other benefit of the blog is that we have a record of our season.


Thinking about how to communicate with other stakeholders in any environment can be a challenge. Having a communication strategy can help. I'm not suggesting a blog should be the only way to communicate. This soccer season, in addition to the blog, we communicated by text, phone, face to face and by e-mail.


When things are going well it is worth reflecting on what is working and to keep doing what works.

No comments: