Sunday, April 22, 2007

I'm a responsible person ...


... everytime something goes wrong I'm responsible!

You've probably heard this joke a few times, but there is an element of truth to it.

If a staff member gets an instruction wrong, was it because I didn't explain it clearly? How could I explain it better next time?

If one of my kids didn't finish one of their chores, was it because the incentive wasn't targeted enough?

Global warming? Not entirely my fault - but I can do things to make a difference!

If a prospect decides not to go ahead with my recommendation, is it because I didn't explain the benefits in a way they saw the value?

By taking responsibility you are able to learn and improve. If you always blame others you miss this opportunity.

Have a go - be responsible!

No comments: