Monday, April 16, 2007

Parasite marketing - ugly name, beautiful concept


I'm a member of our industry's professional body and today I received an e-mail offering me a special cell phone deal. If this telco had sent me the e-mail directly it would've ended up in my spam box.

By "parasiting" or "partnering" they were able to be seen by a targeted group of professionals. There is also a "feel good" factor when I receive an offer that feels like it's tailored for me and I'm in a more receptive frame of mind when I read the offer.

Another time parasiting is effective is when your brand awareness isn't strong. By parasiting with a well known brand, you will find doors can be opened more easily.
Pick your hosts carefully, to ensure they share your philosophies and strengthen your own brand.

No comments: