Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Sorting out the relevant

Each week I send an e-mail to my clients with links of relevant news articles.

The perception is that I spend half my life looking through web pages and on-line newspapers. The truth is much easier. I use Google's news alert service which I highly recommend.

You can click here http://www.google.com/alerts?hl=en to set up an alert. Just type in the relevant words. For instance, if want to know when a news article that features Kevin Roberts from Saatchi & Saatchi hits the news, I would enter [ "Kevin Roberts" Saatchi ] in the "Search terms" box.

You can use the alert service for anything you're interested in and choose the frequency you are sent alerts. If you are getting too many alerts, refine your search criteria to ensure you get the most relevant stories.

No comments: